Jada Pinkett Smith addresses the Slap that happened at the Oscars between Will Smith and Chris Rock


Jada Pinkett Smith addresses Will Smith hitting Chris Rock at the Oscars over a joke about her hair in a new edition of Red Table Talk. 


"My deepest hope is that these two intelligent, capable men have an opportunity to heal, talk this out, and reconcile," she said in the latest edition of "Red Table Talk."


“The state of the world today, we need them both. And we all actually need one another more than ever. Until then, Will and I are continuing to do what we have done for the last 28 years, and that’s keep figuring out this thing called life together. Thank you for listening.”


Pinkett Smith talks with several people who have lived with alopecia, which has impacted her, in the latest edition of her Facebook Watch series. 

Chris Rock, who presented the award for Best Documentary at the Oscars in late March, made a joke about Jada's shaved head. “Jada, I love you. "I can't wait to see G.I. Jane 2," he quipped, referring to Demi Moore's buzzcut in the 1997 picture. Will strode onto the stage, slapped Chris, and then walked back to my seat. He yelled at the comedian, who appeared stunned, "Keep my wife's name out of your fucking mouth!"

Although Jada has previously made reference to a long-awaited answer, this is the first time she has publicly addressed the incident. She simply wrote on Instagram shortly after the Oscars, "This is a season for healing, and I'm here for it."

Will was barred from attending the Oscars for the following ten years as a result of the event.