The Manchester United striker has revealed that he still considers returning to play for super eagles one year since his retirement from playing for super eagles.

Ighalo retired from super eagles last year July due to travel distance from China to Nigeria, which he felt was affecting him. After almost a year later in an interview with Brila FM.
He said “I am still in contact with Gernot Rohr and Amaju Pinnick, and they congratulated me on my loan deal,”

“I am still thinking about returning to the national team, but right now I want to concentrate on my club career.

“I left the national team because of the distance between Nigeria and China, but now that I am in Manchester and just like life and in my career, you never can tell."

Ighalo has since moved to England on loan from Shanghai Shenhua to Manchester United due to the coronavirus pandemic, Ighalo has scored four goals and one assist in eight games before the suspension due to the coronavirus outbreak.